Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Name to Remember: Susan Boyle

There's a lesson here to be learned for each of us.

Take a few minutes, seven to be precise, to watch a video that will change your day, your view of your own humanity. Take a few minutes to lessen the weight on your shoulders, to brighten your day and widen your smile. Take a few minutes to really appreciate God's creatures, our foibles, our limits and our abilities to soar.

Take a lesson from a 47-year old homebody who, after devoting her life to the care of others, came out one night to find the glass slipper fits perfectly.

Click here to see how Susan Boyle changed her life. You'll be glad you did.

The oldest of nine children, a life of disability and sacrifice, a dreamer, a star.

From Les Misarables:

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
When hope was high and life, worth living.
I dreamed that love would never die,
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Then I was young and unafraid,
And dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no ransom to be paid,
No song unsung, no wine, untasted.

But the tigers come at night,
With their voices soft as thunder,
As they tear your hope apart,
And they turn your dream to shame.

And still I dream he'll come to me,
That we will live the years together,
But there are dreams that cannot be,
And there are storms we cannot weather!

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...

No comments: